Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday Best and Monday Outing



Do you remember Saturday night baths as a kid? Now, don't get me wrong... that wasn't the only day of the week that we took a bath, but for some reason, that Saturday night one was the most important. There's just something about getting all squeaky clean in preparation for church the next day. I probably didn't understand the difference between cleansing my body and cleansing my soul at that time, but it did lay a foundation for giving God my best and showing reverence when I enter a place of worship. I look forward to the day when I can put those pink rollers in Mackenzie's hair after her Saturday night bath (at the rate her hair is growing, it won't be long), and I'll talk to her about who God is and why we go to church. That's the good stuff.. ya know?



Today we went to eat lunch with Steven (in the pouring rain), and then I took Mackenzie to my office to show her off. We'd already been once, but some people were gone, so they have been asking me to bring her back. It's hard to believe I'll be starting work next week.



I was trying to decide if the big white bow was a little too much.



She doesn't seem to like the little one either, but I decided it would stay in better. You can't see them in this picture, but her shoes match the dress. Are you surprised? ;-)

No comments: