Monday, July 27, 2009

Never say never...

Never is such a strong word. Have you ever found yourself doing something you said you'd never do? I wonder how many times God laughs when we make one of those "never" statements, knowing that someday we'll eat our words.



I used to laugh at my mom because of all of the pictures they took of me as a baby/toddler. My grandmother has a complete album of snapshots- probably all taken before the age of 3. That's alot when you consider they were using a film camera. We take for granted that we can shoot gobs of digital images and never have to worry about paying to have a bad shot developed. I also thought it was crazy that she had videos of me sitting on the couch "reading" a book. I asked her if she didn't have anything better to do. (surely I would never be that bored) Now I understand - she wasn't doing it because she was bored... I find myself taking pictures of M every time she gets dressed and videotaping her doing absolutely nothing because I don't won't to forget any of the little details.



I also thought baby sunglasses were silly. I mean, they don't need sunglasses, right? It's more for the parents' sake anyway, and I would never waste my money on something like that. Hmm... I just couldn't resist...



I specifically remember calling my dad from Bass Pro Shop one day to tell him that there were people actually taking pictures of their kids with the animal displays and fish tanks like they were on vacation or something. He, of course, didn't see anything wrong with it, but I knew I would never do anything like that. Wrong again...



So, the moral of the story is... never say never... but if you do, be sure to document the results with photographs and post them on the worldwide web, so we can all laugh at/with you! :-)

No comments: