Monday, August 24, 2009

Feeling Crafty

I'm the queen of unfinished projects. I have a terrible habit of starting multiple projects instead of finishing one before moving on to the next. A good indication of how long I've been working on something is the number of times I have to put it away for the cleaning lady to come. She comes every two weeks. I had to move Mackenzie's in-process bedding off the dining room table many, many times. I think I moved these letters twice. They're finally hanging on the wall, and I think they turned out pretty cute!

Currently my project list includes:
  • Staining some wooden ledges for M's room
  • Finishing a quilt for the twin bed in her room
  • Adding embellishments to her curtains
  • Sewing a fabric topper for her little round side table
Unfortunately, these items have taken a backseat since I started back to work. I told myself I wouldn't start anything new until I finished them. After all, I need another project like I need a hole in my head....
And then, today I saw this:

Isn't it precious? Can't you just see this little cutie wearing it this winter?

Nevermind the fact that I've never crocheted before. How hard can it be, right? I'll keep you posted on the progress. The cleaning lady comes Thursday. Maybe I should wait until Friday to get started. It'll be one less thing to pick up :-)

1 comment:

Candice said...

crotcheting (I can't spell...is this right? hehe) is actually very easy. Let me know how it goes for you. But you can have this in multiple colors by winter. Go for it!